Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WIP Wednesday: the Placemat Finish

I have a finish this week! I started these place mats for my Mum's birthday earlier this year, but I was so busy that I only got to make 4 of them in time.  I finally finished the other 4 this week so that she has a full set of 8.
They have a little band of aqua or green contrast at the base of each place mat, which I think gives some variation to them.  There's 4 each of the green and the aqua, so Mum can either mix them up, or have a matching set of 4.

I also managed to talk her into some outdoor photography!  My love of all things photography definitely comes from Mum (and I love that it is something we still share) so it was really nice to do a little mini photo shoot together.

Next time I visit with her I will take some quilts and get some more shots!

Linking up with WIP Wednesday!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful place mats. Great color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty--placemats are just something else on my long list of things I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she loved the placemats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to read my blog! Post your thoughts here:

Popular Posts