Monday, November 29, 2010

Introducing the Dears

This week over at Amy's Creative Side Amy was having a One Week, One Project Challenge - to name (last Monday) and finish in a week (today) ONE Project, and I'm very happy to say that I met my challenge!

This is a pattern by "Melly and Me" which I fell in love with sometime ago and the fabric is "12 Days of Christmas" by Kate Spain for Moda Fabrics (which I LOVE!).

Please meet Rudy - the star of the pattern and the family patriach (he's the big guy of the family)
Next up we have Ruby - Mum of the clan

and finally - Roby (pronounced Robbie)... he's the teeny tiny man of the house - and I'm sure he'll get up to all sorts of trouble!

and here they are in their first family portrait
At the beginning of the week I had a bundle of legs and bodies and antlers and ears - so this week I have stuffed all the limbs and bodies, hand stitched closed all the holes, attached the legs to the body, hand stitched the ears, antlers, bow, eyes and noses to the bodies. Phew! I think that would explain why I have a nice callous developing on my middle finger!
In that first photo you get a sneak preview of our Christmas tree - which we put up last week... and I will blog about later :)


13 comments:

  1. these are so nice ! i LOVE Ruby's bow ! and the family portrait !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness. Your reindeers are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are adorable!! Congrats on meeting your goal and making such a cute christmas decor item!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fa-la-la-la fabulous! They're adorable, and look perfect made from that fabric. You will sure enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those reindeer are super cute! I might have to add them to my Christmas decoration list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I'm almost tempted to order the pattern and make some for myself, even though I'm not so fond of making stuffed things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could these be any cuter? What a great project, just in time for Christmas! Congrats on completing your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice family! So adorable! Love the fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did I say blanket? No..November 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM

    These are the cutest new additions to the family that I have seen in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To adorable! This looks like it was a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are sooooooo cute! Thank you so much for letting me know about them. What a lovely thing to have around for Christmas!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great works! Perfect to have one especially now holiday season is fast approaching. So if you are looking for unique gift ideas Ezi Gifts create affordable, exquisite and unique DIY gifts and party supplies suitable for any occasion or event. For more information visit, http://ezi-gifts.com.au/.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to read my blog! Post your thoughts here:

Popular Posts