Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Placemats in progress and a sneak peek

 Over the weekend I made a lot of progress with the placemats.  I've now sewn all the strips together into "placemats" and I've trimmed them down to size.  Well, kind of..... I actually managed to trim 3 of them SMALLER than what they are meant to be - I guess that's what happens when you're trying to watch Masterchef and trim at the same time!
 To add insult to injury I also managed to cut my finger on my rotary cutter!  I've never done that before, not in years and years of quilting! I'd (stupidly) locked the blade open while I repositioned something on my cutting board, and then as I went to pick it up, I pushed a finger against the open blade! whoops!  Anyway, Sir Pinkying got me a band aid and I finished cutting!

Moving on to my sneak peek - don't you love it when a squashy package arrives in the mail?  Even better if the package is really STUFFED full.  That's what happened to me today - and here are the spoils
 This is 'Far Far Away II' by Heather Ross for Kokka fabrics.  It's a beautiful blend of linen and cotton and features some gorgeous designs from all your favourite fairy tales
 Sleeping Beauty
 The Owl and the Pussycat
 Rapunzel - just gorgeous!  I can't wait to get started.  It's going to be used together with a pattern from this book - which also recently arrived by post!
I can't wait to get started, but I will finish the placemats first.  I need to try to focus on finishing one project before starting another!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty fabrics, but I like your place mats the best! Love that color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to read my blog! Post your thoughts here:

Popular Posts