Sunday, April 3, 2011

Current Projects: Part 1

As I mentioned the other day, part of moving house has meant that I've had a chance to go through all my current projects. I've rediscovered some that I've started working on, and not completed. So this week I am going to show you a couple of them, explain where I'm up to, and what I think I will do next.

Up first is this Hydrangea.

I think that I stopped working on it because I wasn't quite sure what I should do with it once it's finished. It's about 15 inches square at the moment, and I think that it would probably make a good little wall hanging.


It comes from the brilliant book "Fabled Flowers" by Kumiko Sudo.
Each little petal starts out as a circle and then you do some folding, and you wind up with a petal.

I've always loved Hydrangeas so I do still really love this block. Now I think that I will put on a skinny border in one of the purple fabrics, and then to mirrior the petals, I might do a border of little hour glass blocks, then bind it.


I haven't really thought about quilting it yet, but I will require a fairly close amount of quilting on the background, to help hold the weight of the flowers.




1 comment:

  1. I love this hydrangea project. I will have to look up the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to read my blog! Post your thoughts here:

Popular Posts