Wednesday, July 6, 2011

W.I.P Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Lee over at Freshly Pieced does "W.I.P. Wednesday" which is going to give me a chance to list my current WIPs. Some of them you are already familiar with - but this is a more comprehensive list - all in one post - this could be a long one!

1) Hand sewing
Up first - Candied Hexagons - English Paper Pieced - 15 or so blocks to go, then insets and borders.  Feeling not at all guilty about this one!
 Celtic Applique - all scroll work basted down, but in need of being appliqued into place.  This is something that I tend to go back to when I'm looking for some hand work that is a little different to the hexagons!
 2) Piecework
Odd Fellows March blocks - all fabric cut for this quilt, including borders.  I haven't worked on them for a long time though and should probably get back to them!
 Asian Circles - I've done all the cutting for these and have a vague tickling of an idea of how I want to lay them out but need to find time to sit and sketch it out.  Sewed a few more of these blocks over the weekend and will hopefully get the the blocks finished this weekend.
 3) Completed tops
Urban Couture - this top actually doesn't have a name yet.  I've been calling it "Urban Couture" just because that is what the fabric is called... I would like to use this for free motion practice - but just not sure how to quilt it.
The "Sultry" quilt - another top with no name - other than it's fabric name!  I want to free motion this too, and I have a kind of swirly flower design in mind - but just can't figure out how to get from one flower to another. 
Placemats - these are going quite well - all the binding is made for them, and I've machined it on to 3 of 8 placemats.  I'm hoping to get the machining of the binding finished off this weekend.
I also have two other tops that are in need of quilting - both have actually been basted but I haven't been game to get started! 

Now that I look at the list, it really does seem that perhaps it is the lack of maching quilting experience that is holding me back.  I'm hoping to go to a free motion class later this year, so hopefully that will help!!

9 comments:

  1. The Candied Hexagon Project is goregous! I love your colour choices 0:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks gorgeous! Those Candied Hexies are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I *love* your candied hexagons!! And your Celtic project looks really intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goodness! What alot of beautiful projects! Love the candied hexies - amazing! I'm also a fan of the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that Celtic applique made me gasp. Such intricate detail - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have lots of fun projects going on, wow! Love the celtic scrollwork project, that looks like it will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candied Hexagons - is amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the candied hexagons! and the Asian circles are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to read my blog! Post your thoughts here:

Popular Posts