Friday, September 30, 2011

Colour Makes Me Happy!

I don't know about you but colour makes me happy....  super happy, it inspires me...

One of the the things that I love about quilting is the chance to use colour in a myriad of different ways, and I'm always trying improve how I work with colour.  Then just recently a thing called Photo Card Boutique popped up on a blog that I read (I'm sorry, I really don't remember which blog I saw this in!!) that I wanted to share with you all. 

They have an online store that appears to sell electronic stationary (??) but I really haven't spent any time looking at it.  What I do love is their "Cool Colors" segment on their blog.  Here is one that jumped out at me earlier this week

Given the brilliant range of colours that you can get in Kona Solids, I think that these photos and the way that they pick out inidividual highlight colours really interesting and the resulting colour schemes inspiring.  They also give you the hex code for the colour if you're a digital designer. 
In the second photo I really love the way they have picked out the deep purple shade from the middle of one of the tulips, it just brings a whole new layer to the colour scheme.  So, if you love colour, or what to be inspired, or anything like that, then you should go and check out the blog! 

I have been working away again this week, but on a slightly secret project that I will show you after its finished because its a gift for a very close friend and I don't want to spoil anything ahead of time!!

2 comments:

  1. You've shared colors that make me happy too, though I've never thought of myself as a "pink person." Plum maybe. We can find such good inspiration online, but it's a resource I forget to use! Thanks for the link. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine a black, white and grey world? Unthinkable, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to read my blog! Post your thoughts here:

Popular Posts