Sunday, September 18, 2011

Once Upon a Time... in New York??

Once again I've been awfully quiet... but I've had a really good reason!! I've been completely consumed by finishing one of my WIPs and today I finally got it done!!

This is the "Cosmo" bag from Style Stitches by Amy Butler... Thanks to Sex and the City "Cosmo" always makes me think of New York City!
It's all done in Far Far Away fabric by Heather Ross, and I used the home dec cotton/linen blend, which is a little bit heavier than standard quilting cotton.  Rapunzel in her tower forms the outer pocket, with the Sleeping Beauty also on the outside of the bag
Inside is the Owl and the Pussycat, so the bag is fairy tales all over!
About the pattern itself, it's listed as "easy" in the book, and I don't know if I would agree with that.  If you are an experienced sewer who is accustomed to following patterns, then provided that you follow the instructions then it is fairly easy.  That said, if you're a beginner sewer, this is going to be challenging for you.  My best suggestion would be to follow the instructions to the letter and pin. Pin, pin, pin, pin.  Press.
 I did make a couple of changes - the bag is pretty huge, so I put in a little loop that I'm going to put a hook on so that I can hang my keys and not lose them!
I also made the pocket on the front side (on the inside) slightly shorter and put in a pocket for my mobile!  I LOVE the finished bag!! I made it so that I would have a bage to take things to quilting in and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  It did take a fair bit of time, but it was totally worth it!

While I've been busy sewing away, Spring has finally arrived here!
The weather has been beautiful, and all the trees around our house have started to bud.  Hope that you're all enjoying the new seasons too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! It is really gorgeous. I think perfect for on the go projects and if you are like me carrying everything except the kitchen sink. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag turned out well. Thanks for the tip for less experienced sewers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to read my blog! Post your thoughts here:

Popular Posts