Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm a lucky girl!

So, as I'm sure you're all aware, today is Valentine's Day.

I really love the sentiment of Valentine's Day, a chance to take some time out from day to day life to acknowledge how good things are. Sir Pinkying and I decided that we would celebrate over the weekend rather than cramming it into a day when we both had to work.

My present was a surprise, all I had been told was that we would be going for a drive on Sunday, that casual comfortable clothes would be fine and there was no need for a wet weather plan. I was curious to say the least, and spent two sold days trying to quiz him for more information (I really do put him in an impossible position - I like surprises, but I love trying to figure things out!)

So, Sunday morning arrives, wet and rainy, and off we go. Initially we were heading in a direction that could have been taking us anywhere but then gradually we approached an area that I was familiar with. An area where there is only ONE thing that I can think of there.... a QUILT SHOP!

That's right, Sir Pinkying drove me to my favourite quilt shop!! :) but wait, it gets better... he PAID for me to do some shopping!!!! :)

After much consideration and browsing of the aisles, this what I got (that front one is actually a light green spot on white)

They are mostly prints by Art Gallery Fabrics, it started with this print
and then I saw this one that I also really liked and after that I just added some blenders... I think I will do something fairly simple... I kind of thinking something made from horizontal lines of fabric.... different widths all randomised....
We'll see, I've already changed my mind twice since I got the fabric!

Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day too

2 comments:

  1. What a PERFECT Valentine's Day present! It's obvious that you married the perfect man! Love the fabric colors you selected. That teal focus print is a winner. I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have looked at that fabric collection many times... it is so pretty! :)

    happy presents!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to read my blog! Post your thoughts here:

Popular Posts